Saturday, October 8, 2011

Debbie Downer Moment ALERT!

I seem to get stuck in these very pensive attitudes lately.  They seem to be happening more often than not, too.  Mostly occurring on Friday nights when I am at home, messing around on FB watching most of my "friends" add status updates about being out and enjoying the night....and then I start thinking (which is detrimental to me).

My Friday nights tend to consist of me at home, sitting in front of the TV doing....NOTHING. Sad thing is that my Saturday's are starting to get this way too.  I think I have finally hit the loner persona OR I've just realized that I have been this way for a while...either way, I feel lame.

Most of my friends are married or coupled up and tend to spend their time with other married or coupled up folks.   I know I told myself that during this journey of weight loss, I wanted to do it on my own and for myself, by myself, but I'm getting lonely.

My phone rarely rings and if it does it is usually a wrong number or Skyler calling to ask if he can go to a friend's house after school.  Text messages, lately, have been more about work than personal.

Then I start to wonder....what's wrong with me that no one wants to hang out or call and chat....It's a sucky, sad, piss-poor way of thinking and feeling, but I can only put on a happy face for so long before I come to the conclusion that maybe I'm just not the person that people want to be around...

...I need to fix this, but unsure how.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Just so you know, even when you ARE married, you still feel lonely. I went through the same feelings a few week ago... just felt alone and down-in-the-dumps a little.
    So sorry you're feeling this way. It always passes though eventually, right?
    BTW, be HAPPY! You look AWESOME! Hello!?!?

    ReplyDelete